It’s important to us that we treat your babies with the same care and consideration as we do for our own. Each of our materials is thoughtfully hand-picked and meets our high standards. Our products undergo third-party testing so you can be assured that safety and quality are in place.
Our fabrics meet certain criteria and have the following certifications:
• ECO CERT: verifies our environmentally friendly practices and organic standards.
• Supplemental Type Certificates (STC): tests the quality and performance of our materials.
• Forest Stewardship Council (FSC): adds the assurance that the forests where our fabrics are sourced are managed responsibly.
• OEKO: aims to verify the safety of the products and their production methods for health and the environment.
• Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS): ensures the organic status of our cotton fabric using the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres.
• Anti-Bacterial Activity Testing
In our effort to stay green we choose bamboo for the health of your baby and because it’s a sustainable fabric. Have you seen how fast bamboo grows? This plant doesn’t need much care to get bigger and self-propagate. Our soft rayon bamboo is a great choice for little ones. The material is breathable, moisture-wicking, thermal regulating, and fast drying. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic, which keeps little bubs with sensitive skin much more comfortable.
GOTS CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON
Soft and comfortable fabrics are great for little ones and GOTS certified organic cotton is one of our favourites. This type of cotton contains no toxic chemicals or GMOs. The GOTS certification process ensures that the fabric is processed sustainably by using natural production methods. Compared to the production of regular cotton, GOTS certified organic cotton uses less water, and potentially less energy and lower carbon emissions. This is another fabric that’s gentle on baby’s skin and hypoallergenic.
We also choose to use Pima cotton because it’s luxuriously soft and gentle for those with sensitive skin. Pima cotton is special in that its long, fibrous threads increase the thread count (making it cozy) yet durable and absorbent because of how the fabric is woven together (suitable for even the most active babies). Cotton is a natural vegetable fibre that is great for conducting body heat—your little one stays cool in the heat and warm when the temperature gets colder.
SORONA®️ ECO-EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE FIBER
We use Sorona fill to insulate many of our sleep bags and sleep suits to keep your little bubs nice and toasty. Sorona is a woven material partially made by plant-based ingredients. It’s soft, flexible, and has stain-resistant properties. This fabric stretches with movement but keeps its form (even after going through the wash). Sorona fill has a low water absorption rate, but it’s breathable and dries quickly if it gets wet.